Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Free Trade...

Two Weeks ago, Cade brought home and extra slip of paper as extra credit homework. The only thing it said was, "What is Free Trade?"

At first I thought, "Wow, that is kind of a big thing for a 2nd Grader to understand." But then I started thinking about a shop that I visited with my Mom over this past summer. It is called Fabric of Life. It is an organization that helps women in undeveloped countries learn skills that can help them to better themselves and their families.

Now that was probably a bad description of only one slice of their work, but an organization like that will get my business any day. It also helped me realize that I need to start exposing my boys to these types of places and organizations to help them grow as well as myself.

So in the spirit of 'Free Trade' I picked up quite a few unique ornaments in the store, below is one of my favorites.



If you are interested in Fabric of life just go here....

Helping support a cause...no matter how small.

1 comment:

{Kimber} said...

that ornament is ADORABLE!! so fat...:)
great way to explain to him