Sunday, October 18, 2009

5K: The results are in...

...and I am extremely happy about them.

It did not rain.
It was not cold.
I did not finish last.
I did not walk.
I did not fall.
I never once felt my blister from this post.
Basically, I did not die...I survived!

I also did better than I anticipated.
I was passed by quite a few runners, but I did my own passing as well.
I started in the middle of the 9:00 minute pace group, and I held my own.
The course was beautiful, once I remembered to actually look around.
The University of Washington is a beautiful campus.
There were lots of inclines and hills, but they were managable.

Inclines ~ total success, I never slowed my pace.
Hills ~ total success, I did not quicken my pace.

I kept my head up, my shoulders loose...
and I even had a kick at the end.
I passed two people in the last 100 meters before the finish line!

So the Results:
Time
~ 28:41
Overall Place
~ 322 out of 1037
Division Place
~ 23 out of 160
Gender Place
~125 out of 638
Race Pace ~ 9:34 minute mile

...and now, I am ADDICTED!
I can hardly wait for my next race to create my first PR.
You may also notice that my left side bar has goal #1 struck through now!

Before the Race, Outside Huskie Stadium

Lining up at the Start/Finish Line

My Kick at the End

You can just barely see me with the Gun time of 29:14.

Me and two of my biggest fans, Cade & Morgan

One blissful runner...

2 comments:

{Kimber} said...

Congrats!!!! YOU GO WITH YOU'RE BAD SELF!! :)

{Kimber} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.