Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flu Shot...

So I caved and went ahead and got a flu shot...so when I come down with the flu tomorrow because they injected raw chicken eggs along with a dead flu strain into my body don't say I didn't warn myself!

Looking back on the 5 minutes it took to get the shot, I actually start to laugh at myself! Read on, and you will see my meaning...

One of my MALE co-workers asked me if I was scared to get the shot...I stopped and looked him in the eye ~ my not so delicate response..."I birthed two boys, do you really think I am scared of a flu shot???"

Thought to self #1, Next time I will wait until AFTER the nurse gives me the shot before I tell her a joke...not sure what I was thinking.

Apparently I was tense...the nurse told me to relax the muscle so it wouldn't hurt so much. Thought to self #2, "Did she really just say ~wouldn't hurt SO much???"

Thought to self #3, "OOOOOOOOUCH! ~ what is she trying to do to me?" It's just a flu shot.

My goodness, she could have AT LEAST made sure the padded part of the bandage was over the gaping hole flesh wound.

Thought to self #4, back at my desk and then it hits me, "Okay why, why WHY is my arm STILL stinging?"

Next time go to the nurse NOT wearing the white medical coat. The one in the coat was only wearing it to make me THINK she had more years of experience with a jack-hammer needle.

Lastly, thought to self #5, "Was I really expecting kid gloves? I mean, come on, it was free!"

Hope your flu shot was as enjoyable as mine...

2 comments:

Ace said...

Ew, no flu shots here! There's a lot more nasty and harmful things in those than you mentioned. And why put a dead strain of the flu in your body anyway and chance getting the flu when your body is perfectly able to fight it itself? I've only gotten the flu shot once and that was the only time I ever got the flu.

{Kimber} said...

you poor baby!!
I've never gotten it...and after this story...prob never will! :)