Sunday, October 4, 2009

2009 HeartWalk...

I did something on Saturday that made me feel a wide range of emotions...

I was happy,
sad,
proud,
angry,
weepy,
smiley,
tired,
frustrated,
hopeful...
you name it.

Mojo and I participated in the 2009 Heartwalk and I am so glad we did it. It was a 5K Walk that helped raise money and bring awareness to the #1 killer in this country.
and not only did I walk the 3.1 miles to the finish line...
I got to carry a 40 pound child on my shoulders for half of it.
(hence the 'tired' description above)

happy~to be running after Mojo, my energizer bunny, the whole time
sad~to see all the names of those who have passed this year
Proud~to be a part of this large group
angry~well, only because Morgan left his listening ears at home
weepy~to see all the pictures of those who are no longer here
smiley~to feel a sense of accomplishment at the end
tired~as mentioned above thanks to Mojo
frustrated~that I did not do more
hopeful~because next year, I will do more!

If you have never done a charity event I highly urge you to try just one.
It is very fullfilling and energizes you to do more...
to do better...
to make a difference...
even if it is small...
it is something.

3 comments:

Ace said...

Congrats! Our 5k is October 24th! I can't wait!

{Kimber} said...

wow!!! you go girl!! that's a great accomplishment! :)

Connie said...

I'm proud of you...expecially for what you are teaching your boys!