Monday, January 25, 2010

Denver Poll...

So it was a rare occasion for me earlier this month. I actually had to travel for work and to my old stomping ground of Denver no less.

I must say it has changed, some good, some bad. So heres my top 4 list of the day!

The Good...

1. This town is soooooooooo easy to get around in. Urban planners should take a page out of this capitol's book. Can you say 'Gridded Street system' 5 times fast?

2. They have a Light Rail. I didn't get to ride it, but it was pretty spiffy to look at...

3. Snirt ~ boy, I do not miss you, but you bring back great memories. (snirt = snow + dirt)

4. Foothills ~ please don't call them mountains, they are F-O-O-T-H-I-L-L-S.

The Bad...

1. That blasted pollution cloud ~ looming its bad, brown self in those clear, crisp, blue skies. You are yucky!

2. Brown ~ [sigh] everyting is brown... there is NO green in this town. A reminder of why I live in the Evergreen State.

3. Unmanned Toll Roads ~ okay, these are ridiculous. The thing takes a picture of your tabs and then sends you a bill in the mail. (Excuse me, Mr. Hertz? You will be getting a bill for $4.00 because I took a wrong turn. Not sure how you are going to find me though...)

4. Sprawl. It is like a disease in that town. So very, very sad.

Former Coloradian (or whatever they call themselves now) signing off...

No comments: