Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year...


I hope everyone had a safe celebration. I ~ like every year ~ did not make it to the actual midnight in my state. But it was midnight somewhere when I started snoring!

I had to get my rest though because I had to do something CRAZY this morning. I participated in the 2010 Resolution Run 5K with...[prepare yourself]...a Polar Bear Dive at the end.

[GASP]

That is what I did when I submerged my body completely into a balmy 42 degree Lake Washington this morning. It literally took my breath away, but somehow it did feel good after the 5K run...

My results...can't say it was a PR ~ because, well I had to dip in the lake before the end of the race ~ but I still had a fairly good pace time.

So here are the results:
Time ~ 29:51
Overall Place ~ 381 out of 931
Division Place ~ 34 out of 140
Gender Place ~ 119 out of 469
Race Pace ~ 9:38 minute mile

Here is to a healthy start to 2010...

2 comments:

{Kimber} said...

wow....that is making me cold just reading it!!!
GOOD JOB!!!
Happy New Year!!!

Ace said...

Wow, you're gone for a couple weeks and then you come back crazy?! just kidding.
Good job!