Sunday, November 22, 2009

Confessions/Observations of a wanna be runner...

So, I ran another 5K today. (and yes, I am extremely proud of myself) On my ride home I just started smiling uncontrollably as I thought about my trek to this point, and then some of the things I observed in today's race...Here are just a few things snicker, snort that I noticed and experienced.

Here are my dry feet before the race (Yes, my feet are narrow & long...these are 10 1/2 babies! ~ normal shoe size is 9...). Those of you that have never raced, the black rectangle on my right foot is the timing chip...it's a teeny, tiny piece of technology that is going to keep track of my time. Also, notice my new running tights. No more water logged pant bottoms, these babies aren't moving from my ankles...LOVE THEM!


I love my shuffle...though somehow, after the race I can't remember a single song that played in my head. Anyone else get like this???


All the free food and sport drinks offered after a race are pretty cool. Though I do not see how cupcakes fit into the equation. (yes, they had cupcakes there!) So that you all know I have a little bit of self-control, I did skipped the cupcakes.

Bananas are perfect for after a short race...if they are ripe! Nothing dries your mouth out faster than a green banana...I do appreciate the effort though.

Dear Coach Lemley, remember back during high school track when I looked you straight in the eye and swore I would never run further that a mile again in my life????...I lied.

Thank you Starbucks for your wonderful Sausage breakfast sandwiches. You are my go to protein provider after the race...


Ladies ~ Why are you wearing make-up? I promise no one is looking at you during the race...unless they are trying to run around you. Below is how I look after a race...look! I still don't have make-up on!


Dear Coach Bricker, remember in high school how poor a practicer I was? You used to shake your head and laugh at me. Well, it hasn't changed. I still compete better than I practice, thank goodness.

I completely forgot about the lovely metallic taste you get in your mouth after you run a hard, good race. yuck...please tell me this isn't just me.

Excuse me Mr. (or Ms.) Race Organizer...I think you should have at least tried to minimize the 20' x 10' puddle that existed right after you pass over the timing chip start mat. Just a thought for next year.


How is it possible that between getting in my car, driving home, and getting out of my car (30 minutes tops) the lactic acid had already started to kick in and I IS SORE!

So here are the results:
Time ~
27:17
Overall Place ~
248 out of 764
Division Place ~
24 out of 148
Gender Place ~
103 out of 497
Race Pace ~
9:05 minute mile

Up Next: Resolution Run ~ January 1, 2010...the last .2 miles is a polar bear plunge into Lake Washington FUN!

The Adrenalice junkie is signing off...

3 comments:

{Kimber} said...

congrats!!!!!
I don't think I could do it...I wish I had your passion :)

Connie said...

Great job...I copied your comments and sent them to Coach Bricker. I can't believe this is the girl that needed 4 coaches to stand at each corner when you ran the 800 at the Pentathlon.

Ace said...

Congrats on another race! I just started the "couch to 5K" program last week. So hopefully in a few months I'll be searching out 5k's around here!

Except I'll probably have to start all over after this crazy week of travel and gluttony.