Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Soccer Star...

So let me just lay it out there for everyone's ears.

I am not one to say, "Good Job!" to anyone when their effort isn't there.

I am not the one that is going to make you feel "All warm and fuzzy inside" if you were almost there but it wasn't in your heart.

I am a true believer that you should NEVER force a child to do something that they don't like or want to do ONCE they have given it a good try.. In this specific case ~ Soccer.

We, like other parents have tried our children at several activities...

Gymnastics ~ failed (let's just say a child with Cade's energy has no business around gym equipment) Will Cade ever try it again? Maybe, but it will be his choice, not ours.

Skiing ~ complete success. I wanted him to start learning to snowboard...he said no, not yet. I LISTENED...

Soccer ~ nailed it; unbelievable success. He now does both fall and spring season.

Football ~ Sorry, I just can't put a 7 year old, who still hasn't passed the 45lbs. mark in pads & a helmet and feel good about that decision. (Morgan on the other hand, he is going to play football next year...because soccer for him ~ COMPLETE failure.)

Okay, off my soap box and on to what this post is ALL ABOUT. MY CADE!

He rocked today, and I mean ROCKED. The kid was playing 3 postions at the SAME time. I have said it before ~ and I will say it again ~ I wish I could bottle this kids energy because it would be the stuff black markets are made of.

He went left when he was suppose to...

He stopped the ball on a dime...

He had shots at the goal...

He had assists at the goal...

He made great turns...

He protected the goal...

His kicks ROCKED!

He truly was the best kid on the field today. And coming from me, that is big (scroll back up and read the first 3 sentences)


This is how he ran for THREE whole quarters...

...he never gave up...

...even when the other team laid him on the ground...

...now here is a great drive...

Beautiful, long stride...

Completely out-maneuvered this boy.

...and again, he kept on moving...

...he never stopped, never gave up...

...and the best part ~ he was smiling the whole time. That's the kind of stuff that makes a parent proud. Not that they are succeeding in a sport, but that they truly LOVE what they are doing. And soccer, he loves it.

Now note to my Mom & Rod ~ Thank you for never pushing me into things I didn't want to do and for supporting me whole heartedly through ever cold football game and even colder track meets. I always knew you were their watching and it made me happy. I have you to thank for all my successes back then. I love you Mom and Rod!

Here's to my boys...I love you both!

No comments: