Thursday, September 18, 2008

Curriculum Night....

Tonight was curriculum night at Spruce Elementary. It's an evening for us to meet Cade's new teacher and to see the classroom he spends 6 hours in everyday. He is being co-taught this year by Ms. Bau and Ms. Klein. They were very complimentary of Cade, but one comment cuaght me by no surprise. Ms Bau said, "He is very chatty."

(Hi Mom- If you are reading this , my behavior is now being mimicked- I can't wait for him to come home one day and say, " I was moved today because everyone sitting around me would not stop talking to me.")

He sits adjacent to the teacher's desk which Bob and I both appreciate since it definitely keeps him in line. It is amazing to see the amount of work they are producing in class everyday. Math, Reading, Writing, Social Studies, Art, Science...and the item I appreicate the most is that they journal. His dad is a talented writer and I know Cade will be someday as well. It is something that I hope he picks up and develops into a habit- my fingers are crossed.

Happy Learning...
Cass

No comments: