Sunday, September 7, 2008

Just Another Saturday- For First time Blogger...

Hello Everyone! I am an example of someone who doesn't have enough time to blog, but I want to give it a go anyway. I realize that I don't want to forget the memories- so this is my attempt to journal by turning it into something for all my friends and family to view so that it never seems like it's 'been too long' since we saw each other or spoke.



Quote of the day:
Cade: "Ouch! I stepped on a Lego" Mommy: "Welcome to my world sweetie"

Small thing not to sweat:
"Unfolded Laundry still in the hamper...after a week."

Signs that I let my boys watch too much television:
1. Singing songs to the most obscure cartoons…and knowing all the words as well as the tune.
2. Seeing one character run across the screen and knowing the character and show name.
3. Reciting a complete ‘laugh out loud’ conversation from spongebob…"All senseless bubble blowing babies…”
4. They know the order of Saturday Cartoons, starting at 8:00 on the WB.


How to set my boys up for success:
1. ‘Only place one item on their dinner plate that requires persuasion to eat. Two items is asking for a fight.’ (Learned this lesson again, tonight)
2. ‘Prepare their bath with a small army of toys lining the rim of the bath tub. Army of toys = at least 30 minutes of peace' (Worked like a charm this evening...thank you Morgan!)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you're blogging! It's so fun to read other's parenting tricks and realize how many my own parents used without me realizing it...and how many I can steal in the future!