Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Quote Story of the DAY...

My little Morgan is a story teller. Sometimes I wonder where he gets it from because his ideas are fairly fresh, and some- like tonights- are just plain spooky. So the conversation story went something close to this...

Morgan: "Cade, when the lights go out things happen. Scary things happen."

Me: (In my head) Great. Cade is going to have nightmares tonight because of a 4 year old and his imagination.

Cade: "What?!@?"

Morgan: "When the lights go off in my room I hear a voice." In a whisper now, "I am the ghost....ooooooo....with one black eye....oooooo."

Me: (In my head again) What??? Now out loud, "Ha ha ha...Morgan there are no such things as ghosts. You know this right?"

Morgan: (He ignores me and continues) "...and sometimes I hear knocking underneath my bed. "

STOP! So now he is bringing up memories of my nightmares, where the carpet was actually water and all the great white sharks were under my bed waiting for me to take one step off my bed. Okay I digress...I need to get back to Morgan's story.

Me: "Okay sweetie. I think that is enough storytelling."

Morgan: "But there is a baby in the basement Mommy...and he is a criminal."

Me: (Okay one more moment in my head) Did my baby boy just use the word CRIMINAL????

Morgan: "See the baby got rid of the black eyed ghost. And he wasn't scared, but he was a criminal too."

So is that clear everyone??? I can't WAIT for his next story. I am sure it will involve dinosaurs - or even better- Chameleons, his latest obsession.

Night everyone...

No comments: