Monday, June 8, 2009

Simple Pleasures...

...there are some things, everyday things that bring simple pleasure and sparkles of happiness in life.  We are have them.  If you get too busy you will go through your day without any acknowledgement, without any thought to how truly amazing some of the simplest acts can be.  They are not large, they are not even significant, they just are...

This is my simple list, this is my sparkle, this is my smile...I hope you have some of these moments as well...
  1. The smell of fresh rain on a warm day.
  2. A deep breath
  3. The feeling of rain hitting my face.
  4. The first drink of Chai Tea.
  5. Humidity - it reminds me of home.
  6. The simple pattern rain drops make on a puddle.
  7. Walking through grass, barefoot.
  8. A kiss on the forehead from my sweet bay.
  9. Eye contact with a smile of greeting.
  10. The sound of wind through the trees.
  11. Twinkling lights
  12. The reflection of sunlight and clouds on a building.
  13. The sound of laughter.  
  14. The sound of laughter from my boys, when they are sound asleep.  The unexpected.
  15. Chivalrous acts...
...now please, don't forget to take time, to slow yours pace, to walk with your head high- not watching your feet take the next steps in life.  We have been given a gift, please treasure it.


No comments: