Monday, June 1, 2009

Where have I been...

...did my followers miss me - all two of you? heehee.

I promise I did not fall off the earth or run into any unsavory characters... that lured me into their way of life. Nope - I have been doing...

Yard work.

Sounds fun huh?

Yeah, I know. I still can't make a fist without grimmacing. and then I had to go and use my stapler today at work. Oh my lord I just about passed out.

So here it is. My wonderful, beautiful retired mother is going to love these photos... and since this blog is about bringing my family 'closer' here are photos of my weed free front yard. Sorry lurkers- this probably won't interest you...

Here is what it looks like when I am trespassing on my neighbors yard. Shhhh- she doesn't need to know. This picture shows me how badly the trees around the house need to be trimmed back. Oh well - one thing at a time.

Our beautiful corner tree (I don't know the type of tree, sorry) This is the tree Cade LOVES to climb. Please notice the white plane on the ground and the red plane stuck in the tree. This is a family with two boys so if anything you should be surprised that there is only one toy stuck in the tree...

Isn't the bark beautiful? Notice all the small footprints? I guess I need to add more stepping stones between our yard and the neighbor's.

Ahhhh. this is the first thing I see each morning now. See the four spheres? Of course this is symbolic for 'The Rowan Four'. All four spheres are different sizes representing each of us. I know that is precious right???

My mysterious side yard. I did not know it could look like this. Now I can actually walk around the trees.

Now- this is impressive. Here is what happens when you order too much bark. You get a pile like this is your driveway - then you wonder-what are we going to do with the other six-and-a-half yards???

And finally, I leave you with a shot of what the beds looked like before they were weeded and barked.

Pretty scary huh? Thank you for taking away my neighborhood weed shame.
My beautiful bark.

Alright- so I am back, until I have to start the back yard.

Happy June to you all.

No comments: