Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The long walk...

I discovered today...

It is 2.85 miles (or 6,245 steps) between our home and the movie theatre showing Harry Potter. I know this now. And HP6 was AWESOME!

It is also 1 mile (or 2,112 steps) between said movie theatre and the Lynnwood Public Library...

You are probably wondering why I felt compelled to go the the library, well,I was carrying 10 lbs of books on my back that were due back to the library. So I turned them in and I felt so light. But Nooooo- I just had to get another 10lbs of books to carry back home. What was I thinking? It will be worth it when the boys see the new books.

Next, it is 2.90 miles (or 6,382 steps) between the library and our home.

And that, my friend, was the long walk... a total of 6.75 miles.

Now when I go on walks I always see interesting things, so this time I took a camera with me. So check these out...


This is both sad and hilarious in the same breathe. I wonder when she held Part 1? I missed that one.


We grow fields of dandelions here...Until I moved to Seattle I did not know that these things can get 3'-0" tall and they are actually bushes!!! A picture tells a thousand words.


And this last one? It's the Elementary School that Cade attends. There is nothing more lonely that a school during the summer.

I am off to collapse...and in case you are wondering...I walked for the exercise, but also because I wanted to eat a bag of Red Vines during the movie. This way- I did not feel guilt. Everyone wins!

Except tomorrow-I imagine I will be unable to move...

No comments: