Friday, July 3, 2009

Simple Pleasures..part deux.

This is one of my favorite posts...so I decided to do a part Deux.

there are some things, everyday things that bring simple pleasure and sparkles of happiness in life. They don't cost a thing. they just are...luckily we all have them, but they are different for each of us.

If you get too busy you will go through your day without any acknowledgement, without any thought to how truly amazing some of the simplest acts can be. They are not large, they are not even significant, they just are...


This is part deux of my simple pleasures' list, this is my sparkle, this is my smile...I hope you have some of these moments as well...
  1. Returning to your home and climbing into your own bed after a short vacation.
  2. The first Drink of a Diet Pepsi.
  3. When my boys touch my face with their little hands.
  4. Going to bed with the sounds of crickets at night.
  5. Waking to the sound of birds in the morning.
  6. Sand passing through my toes.
  7. Blowing bubbles
  8. The sound of fireworks.
  9. Going on walks before 7:00
  10. That last yawn before unconsciousness.

Now - take time to slow to a 'whoa...', and watch what's going on around you with your head held high. Life is a gift, but a happy life is a treasure.

No comments: