Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Get Real...

The thing about blogging is that it is easy to make everything seem perfect in the world of 'The-Rowan-Four' or any blogger's world for that matter. To show you my family's best side and leave out the rest. What I want to do is make sure that you all know us for who we are and not what type of story we can spin for a laugh, a smile or a good cry. The goal is to be transparent and here are a few items to help me get real...

1. I have developed a temper and low tolerance with my boys behavior, and it is tearing me up inside. Hence the many comments from my kids lately about, "Mommy, if you wouldn't yell at us..."
2. I love, love, love chick flicks. It can be the theater, lifetime, or rentals. I....love....them....all.
3. I wish my hubby and I could have more quality alone time.
4. I am ashamed that neither of my boys know how ride a bike without training wheels. Why can't I find to time to teach them???
5. I love junk food and can't live without my Diet Coke!
6. I am a terrible house cleaner. If I could only be half of what my mother is I would feel successful.
7. I don't have that one special Best Friend to experience life with from the girl's point of view. I have a good group of friends, but not the one person I call when I need a good cry or shout.
8. I have a strong desire to please everyone.
9. I worry that we have become complacent in our lives and we are missing out on showing our boys things that we experienced as children. Like walking on hot asphalt in the middle of summer just to get to the swimming pool faster!
10. I have a terrible memory when it comes to anniversaries and birthdays. Sometimes I can not even remember Morgan's birthday!

I hope you all can take time to think about 'Get Real' moments in your lives. I already feel better!

Love you all,

No comments: