Thursday, April 2, 2009

So it went something like this...

9:15pm...Click....creeeeeek...goes the door.

Mo: Far away voice, "Mommy?" pit pat pit pat pit pat

Bob to Me: In a whisper, "Hide."

Mo: Voice getting closer, "Mommy?" pit pat pit pat pit pat

Mo: "Mommy! Will you turn my light off?" He found me lounging across our bed.

Mommy: "Hello you've reached Mommy. She is not here right now. Please leave your name and number and she will get back to you as soon as possible."

Mo: "Mommy?"

Me to Bob: I look around the room, "Do you hear something?"

Bob: "Hmmm, No."

Me: "Me either."

Mo: With a little chuckle and a big smile, "Mommy!"

Me: "Our little boys are good little boys that go straight to bed."

Bob: "Yep. They don't come out of their rooms."

Mo: "Mommy!" I am now getting prodded by a pointer finger on my check in rapid succession...

Me: "And they would never ever turn their lights on."

Mo: Now he is exasperated, "Mommeeeeeeeee. I'm right here!"

Well, it went something like that but lasted much longer, especially the pokes to my cheek...Here's to little boys that some nights can't seem to go to sleep...This one finally succeeded.

Night everyone.

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Sounds eerily like my house last night! Which is why I am EXHAUSTED right now!
So, did you let him have the cake?Either way, send a piece my way!

Cass said...

Yes! I let him have the cake. He bribed me with a kiss.