Sunday, April 26, 2009

We did what???

Here is a real quick story.

I have to get it down.

It made me chuckle.

Of course, the light bulb in our heads should of gone off before we 'released him' really.

We went on a family trip to...hold on one more minute, Morgan just asked me for a snack. I will be right back...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Okay... so we went on a family trip to the beach today. Morgan is the only Rowan that has rubber boots to wade into the water and I insisted that he wear them. Can't have a complaining 3 year old with wet tootsies now!

So we arrive at the beach and it is extremely low tide; lower than I have ever seen before today. So we piled out of the car with all our gear and made our way over the drfit wood to the waterfront...and that is when it happened.

A huge sandbar had appeared at low tide and there was a finger of water maybe 6-12 inches deep that circled back parallel with the bar. Morgan went running off into the water while the other 3 Rowan's watched in awe.

Bob: "Huh huh huh...There he goes. And not a single one of us can follow him."

Note to self...1. Buy rubber boots for the entire family.

Enjoy the pictures.


This is taken on the sandbar. The finger of water is to the right in this photo.


The 3 Rowan's that don't have rubber boots.


And this one...well, I took it because I love the pattern the water makes in the sand. This is a close-up of the and on the sandbar.

Enjoy the rest of your day...ours is just a little more sandy!

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love the pattern of the sand too! So amazing what nature can do, isn't it? Your son? SOunds like a typical toddler/preschooler! No telling them what to do!!