Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Fling 2009...

Welcome to Sara's Spring Fling! This is a great blog carnival organized by Sara. Head over to her site to check out all the wacky bloggers that decided to play along...Now without further delay, check out my guest blogger below...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so excited I almost wet my pants.

No, that has nothing to do with what item I just can't live without.

I actually had a really hard time with this at first. Even Superman will tell you that I'm not the girly girl type. I'm more comfortable in his frumpy shirts, I don't like lipstick and sometimes I could use a good kick-butt action movie. So what in the world is something girly that I just can't live without?

At first I thought I'd just do this.

Because it is one of my true loves. But it just didn't feel right. I actually thought of doing the same with Superman, but he didn't want to me to put a ribbon on him. Or be plastered all over the internet as "something girly" I just can't live without.

Then I thought about this.

It still wasn't right. Obviously I use this religiously since I have 2 almost empty cases. But even the workers at my local Wal-mart could tell you that sometimes I skip it when I just have to make a quick stop there.

But then. The hallelujah chorus sounded as I laid my eyes on this.

I understand that more and more men are taking up knitting these days, so this might not be the girliest thing to talk about. But I do love it so.

There is nothing better than sitting down at night with Superman, putting a movie in and knitting my way through the whole movie. And it doesn't matter how many times I've seen the same ol' yarn at my Wal-mart, I still have to stroll down that aisle each time just to look at it.

Knitting. Yarn. Awesomeness. I'll probably still love it when my hands are crippled with arthritis.

Or maybe by then I'll just be happy with my Dr. Pepper and still not wetting my pants.

Written by:

Check out Ace everyday at http://www.ifyouthinkroundisfunny.com/

10 comments:

Ace said...

YAY! I found myself! Thanks for having me!

erin said...

i love the ribbon on the dr. pepper! that's awesome! hey you need to post some pictures on your blog of all the projects you've knitted! i've seen the pictures on your sidebar. you do a FABULOUS job!

Lindsay said...

I love it! Dr. Pepper...seriously who can't live without it? lol

King J's Queen said...

What a neat idea! I need to get Ace to come over to my house and teach me to knit. We can share a Dr. Pepper.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

When I found out I was pregnant with a little girl, all I could think about was knitting her a baby blanket. There was just one problem... I had NEVER knitted anything before in my life. I took a few lessons from a friend, bought an instructional book, yarn, needles, etc. I was ready. I was doing a great job, and then for some reason, I never finished it. The blanket could be a Barbie blanket now if I would cast-off, but I don't have the heart to do that. SOMEDAY I may finish it. For now, it's just sitting in the top of the closet, still on the needles, waiting for me to come back!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, I can't live without Dr. Pepper (not diet though)!!! And "foundation" is a must for this girl, too!

Miller Racing Family said...

AHEM! For another girl who really isn't that girly! I love the Dr. Pepper with a ribbon. I also love DP but I like the real thing no diet for me. Love that you go to WAL-MART without make up, I do the same thing! Great Spring Fling!

Cass-Super cute blog. I love the header and the pictures of your two boys are so cute. Have a great weekend!

Ace said...

It's been a busy day but am so glad I came back to read the comments!

Cass, I hope all my pictures weren't too much of a pain for you!

It's been great "meeting" everyone!

Kameron said...

I had to ban Dr. pepper from my life. i had a serious addiction and I didn't think the diet version was anywhere near as good!! I have always wanted to learn to knit. My hubby bought me a kit when I got preggers with my first baby and I had grand plans of making him something, but never started. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Cass said...

MRF- Thanks for the blog compliment. The picture is of my boys rolling down a hill at Wondland Park Zoo in Seattle. I love that place.

Ace- The pictures were not a problem. It was no different than what I normally post. I am lad I had the opportunity to host your blog.

Night everyone!