Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Audition...

Oh my! That sums up my opinion of Cade's Audition. We started off waiting and waiting and waiting...which is the worst thing for any 6 year old. During this wait I look down and Cade is frowning. Uh-oh. So I have the following conversation with him.

Me: "Cade are you okay?'

Cade: "No Mommy. I don't feel well. I am nervous. Am I going to have to get up in front of all these people and sing?"

Me: "Oh Cade. No sweetie, you do not have to get up in front of all these people and sing."

Cade: "Whew."

The main talent scout then comes out and talks to the entire group, which was about 100 people made up of children and parents combined. He went on forever, again I have a 6 year old sitting next to me- no mercy was given! Finally they start the interviews which occurred in an open forum. Below is an excerpt from Cade's interview which I found hilarious.

Interviewer: "What do you like to do Cade?"

Cade: "I like to play soccer. I have played for 2 years, maybe 3."

Interviewer: "What else do you like to do?"

Cade: "I like to ski, too...and play the Wii. I also like to draw. I draw when I am bored."

Me: Wince! Please note that I am holding the script he is suppose to read to the camera. On the back of the sript Cade has written the names of everyone in his immediate family. He has drawn a very detailed picture of a christmas tree with lights and ornaments. There are 5-6 present and a few stocking. And yes the interviewer DID look down and see this.

Luckily the camera man read the lines to Cade and he repeated them back. When asked to repeat the lines again Cade said 'No.' And that, my dear friends, was the end of Cade audition. I will not be holding out for him to become the next big Disney kid... if he gets a call back I will start laughing. He would prefer eating broccoli over taking a step back in that place... I did get a good picture of him at the end when he was in front of the camera...


After the interview we headed over to my office and grabbed some sandwiches for lunch. Cade wanted to eat up at my desk. So below is a picture of him enjoying the view. I have to say, I forget how beautiful the view is from my desk...now you all can enjoy with me. The water you see is the Puget Sound (Elliot Bay to be more specific) which feeds directly into the Pacific Ocean.


Later...
Cass

No comments: