Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pat on the Back...

Okay...I am giving myself a pat on the back. I did not think it was possible yet, but I am actually training Cade to do chores.

hee hee hee. What? What did you say? Ahhhhh, yes. ..You want to know how on earth I am managing to get a hyperactive 6 year old focused enough to help around the house.

It is really simple actually...blackmail... (Did I say that out loud?)
He is managing to clean his room, load the dishwasher, do his homework, and get ready for bed every night with no (well maybe some) complaining. And for all this work, what does he get?

two...shiny...quarters...

I know, that seems pretty cheap, but guess what? He already managed to buy one of these...


...and he just had me order one of these on Amazon...


...This one will not be his until he earns the $10 it costs to buy it. Quite simple- You earn the money, you can buy the toy.

Also, we do have a Wii now, it is very motivational (or inspirational depending on your point of view). Cade knows that no chores means no Mii time. I LOVE IT!

Thank you Nintendo for inventing this family friendly game system...I am going to have to do a blog entry JUST on the Hula Hoop game from Wii Fit. That one is a crack-up.

Later...

No comments: