Saturday, January 17, 2009

Off to the Mountain...

So starts week number two for ski lessons. I can hardly wait for our weekends to arrive. Not only do I get to spend 5 hours skiing, but I get to chat it up with one of my good friends too. How long have we lived in the Northwest? Just a stones throw from the mountains? And how many times have I made the trek up the mountain? NOT ENOUGH- but that is all changing.

I have so many good memories of skiing with my sis and my step dad on our many trips to Colorado over the years. Don't worry Mom- I haven't forgotten you- I just know you prefer to sit in the lodge with a good book in your hand and a nice warm drink :).

Can I somehow pass along these experience to my boys? ABSOLUTELY! And last year was only the beginning. It is never to early to get children propped up on skis and give them a push onto the chair lift. Now I am more scared of the lift then Cade is. It's like an amusement ride to him, and a horror flick for me. Sooooo very high for a 6 year old to be...

But this boy, he is fearless. He flies down the slopes and can't wait to get back up and do it a again. And when he falls (don't forget he is made of rubber) he just pops back up. Now some of his falls- they would put me in the hospital for a week!

Below are photos from last weeks adventures. I will post some more soon- maybe I'll even get one of his magnificent falls :)...

Night Night...
Cass

No comments: