Friday, May 15, 2009

5 on Friday...

It's 5 on Friday...

Here's 5 subjects that you can discuss with your children for both learning and laughing. I hope you enjoy and join in with your own family if you like!

1. Geography
Which state is this national monument located?

That's right it is in South Dakota. Bob and I did a Memorial Day road trip in 1997. It took us through a large loop of South Dakota and Wyoming before making our way back home to Denver, CO. It truly was an amazing sight to see.

2. Laughin'
Question: Why did Tigger look inside the toilet?
Answer: He was looking for Pooh!

As a mother of two boys I could not resist this joke...but there is something else that happened this week that was unbelieable. I work for a firm with over 550 people. There was a sign mounted on the Women's Restroom that read as follows:

Restroom Etiquette 101
1. If using a paper seat cover make sure that it flushes complete before exiting the stall especially if you poo.
2. If you poo make sure that it has completely flushed and reflush if necessary to remove all evidence.

Poo???? First, I laughed. Then I could not believe someone could be so crass. Needless to say the note that had been so neatly typed had been removed before the end of the day. Lovely...

3. Useless Fact...
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.

ummmm. So what do you tell the person who suffers from this phobia? I fear telling them the name would send them over the edge.

Now, if I where to have guessed its meaning: Fear of Hippos! I would have failed Latin class as my mind is too simple...

4. Comics
Did Charlie Brown ever get to kick the football???

No! He didn't. on February 12, 2000 Charles Schultz passed away and his final strip was published that Sunday, 2/13...which made me cry like a baby. He was from one of my favorite cities (Minneapolis, MN) and they used to have Snoopy statues that were decorated/painted by various talents in the area. I think some of them still exist and they are great fun to see.

5. Pictionary
Culinary 101- Is the below item a fruit or a vegetable?


It's a fruit...so what is the difference? In simplest terms, the fruit is the ovaries of the plant. The vegetable is everything else. Some fruits that are mistaken as vegetables - tomato, squash, green beans, peas, eggplant, cucumber and nuts. And that one- I learned a lot on...

Okay go forth and share your knowledge...until next week.


No comments: