Friday, May 8, 2009

It's '5 on Friday'...


Here's 5 subjects that you can discuss with your children for both learning and laughing. This one is ALL about...you guessed it MOM'S! I hope you enjoy and join in with your own family if you like!

1. Geography
Which country is this?

It's India! Which is the home for the oldest mother. She just gave birth to her first child at the age of 70. All I can say is Wow...

2. Laughin'
Things Mom would never say...
a. "How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?"
b. "Yeah, I used to skip school a lot, too."
c. "Just leave all the lights on ... it makes the house look more cheery"
d. "Well, if Brandon's mamma says it's OK, that's good enough for me."
e. "The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It's not like I'm running a prison around here."
f. "I don't have a tissue with me ... just use your sleeve."


3. Useless Fact
This week lets call it Mom definitions...

a. Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.
b. Independent: How we want our children to be for as long as they do everything we say.
c. Puddle: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry shoes into it.
d. Show Off: A child who is more talented than yours.
e. Sterilize: What you do to your first baby's pacifier by boiling it, and to your last baby's pacifier by blowing on it and wiping it with saliva.


4. Comics
A true classic. I miss this cartoon immensely... Trivia- How old is Calvin?


Calvin was 6 and yes... Morgan doe look just like Calvin. This might make a great Halloween custome this year for him!

5. Pictionary
Botany 101- What type of plant is shown below?

It's called Chicks & Hens... The larger plant being the Hen, and you guessed it...the smaller ones are the chicks. My friend Katrina over at Sophia's Room gave me one of these plants once. Unfortunately I killed it somehow.

Obviously this was before I became a mother...

Now go pass along this new knowledge until next week...

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Passing. Passing it on. Like a dumbwaiter.
I love random info. I am full of it myself!
Have you got your artwork done for our carnival? I'd love to see it!