Sunday, March 15, 2009

I baked...Cupcake Pops!

Like most days, I am reading all my favorite blogs when I find a link to some really cool Cupcake Pops by Bakerella. Well, after reading the tutorial and all the comments on her blog I thought I would give it a go since they are beyond cute. Now I am a realistic person and smart enough to know this is not gong to be easy (when reading all the comments I think some of the people actually thought it would only take a few minutes!) , but the end result would be rewarding and so fun to give away on St. Patty's Day! So here is my baking journey for the month ( yes, I said month because I just killed the baking bug with these little pops!)

Step One Bake the cake
Level of Difficulty: 1- easy peasy...


Step Two: Add the Frosting to the crumbled cake & Mix
Level of Difficulty: 1-easy peasy... except that I REALLY wanted to eat the frosting all by itself.


Step Three: Roll 'Dough' into balls
Level of Difficulty: 1-easy peasy... nice and messy too! My boys will enjoy doing this when they get older...MUCH older as I would not suggest you try and make these with small children. At least not MY small children.

Step Four: Form the Cupcakes with the Flower Cutter
Level of Difficulty: (For the first 5 minutes) 5- Holy Cow what have I gotten myself into! I have sticky dough all over my hands. My cupcakes look more like what my Parent's dog, Daisy, leaves behind when she gets nervous!!! AND I have absolutely NO idea what I am doing.
Level of Difficulty: (After the first 5 mintues) 2-Oh this isn't so bad its actually kind of fun now that I know what I am doing...

Step Five: Coat the bottom of the Cupcakes with Milk Chocolate
Level of Difficulty: 4-This was super-duper hard for me. I could not get the chocolate to run down the sides very easily...but I did get to eat ALOT of chocolate since it was soooo messy.

Step Six: Coat the top of the Cupcakes with White Chocolate & Decorate
Level of Difficulty: 1-easy peasy...

I have them chilling in the frig tonight. I will wrap them tomorrow! If you want to try them click on the link above for Bakerella and follow her directions. I will definitely make these again...

Happy Baking everyone...

No comments: