Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Moments for a mother...

Wow! I just had a crazy, wonderful evening last night with my boys. No stress, no tempers, just a nice, fun evening.

Tuesday's are Bob's days. Have I ever told you how lucky I am that my wonderful hubby is also the family taxi? The task that so often falls on mother's in other households, is his and his alone. He wakes them up in the morning...feeds them...clothes them...takes them to daycare...he picks them up from daycare...e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y...except Tuesday's.

Tuesday is my day to pick them up and spoil them like any mother who feels guilty for spending so much time away from her children.

So- We started our evening at Safeway (Hey-what can I say...I love shopping at grocery stores). it is Girl Scout Cookie time and they hangout at the store by our home. I let the boys each pick-out their own box of cookies. And- I got mine too! Nothing can keep me away from my samoas- except Bob when he eats them all (hence, why all of our boxes have names on the them this year)... Okay- Back to Safeway, that little Girl Scouts' mom looked at me with shock when I told her I would take 5 boxes. LITERALLY, her eyes were as big a platters...Is five boxes really that much???

Finally home and we decide to have a car race. We raced EVER SINGLE HOT WHEELS car in this house until there was ONLY ONE car left. How did it go down? Well- Morgan, of course, lost interest and Cade crushed me. His car was the Ultimate Racer- can you believe the model was a Cadillac? Go figure. Okay no pun intended, but that takes us to our next activity...

ACTION FIGURES...We have Stars, Wars we have DC Comics, we have Marvel Comics, we have Teen Titans, you name it we can find it. Again- how did it go down? Well- Morgan, again, lost interest and Cade started his own little Star Wars saga.

They were an absolute joy. No TV, No Video Games...just me and the boys. It wasn't quite, but it was peaceful.

Nighty Night!

No comments: