Saturday, March 14, 2009

Random Rambling-Try to keep up...

Rainy, Cold Day...
2 boys couped up in the house...

One GREAT idea- Let's go to IKEA. Bob and I can check the boys into the Play Area for an hour and tour around nice and slowly, almost peacefully.

30 miles to IKEA...
Yes! We are here...

30 minute wait to get the boys into the play area...uh-oh, so the GREAT idea just became the BAD idea. It is now 1:00pm.

2 shopping carts...
1 boy playing the DS and totally oblivious to the goings on in the store...
1 boy that won't let his cart STOP!!! I felt like a sled dog- mush! mush!

1:45 We are out of here! We have light bulbs, fun vases for me to experiment with in arranging in different rooms throughout the house until I find a spot that I like or don't like! AND- we have a shelving system to put together with 6 bins to hold legos.

1 hungry boy yelling for food...
1 boy, again oblivious to what is going on around him...
(By now, I hope that you know which boy is my trouble maker. His name rhymes with 'Organ' if that helps.)

30 miles to Home...
Secretly smiling to ourselves when we see we are going in the ONLY direction of I-5 that traffic is moving...(YES! Something goes our way!)

Ahhhhh- Home. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HOME? Someone must of broken in and played with the toys, and left my kitchen in shambles! Oh yeah- I guess I haven't cleaned up yet. Oh well, at least the breakfast dishes aren't still sitting on the dining table. Oh wait- they actually are.

3 hours later...
1 Morgan Nap later...
1 IKEA shelving system put together by Father and Son...

What? Why is Cade wondering around the house all bored? Aha! He is the only Rowan who is NOT asleep! Why is he looking at me? Why won't he go away!

1 mother who needs to get the boys out of the house- now finds herself at Nordstrom buying them both new shoes. I am crazy, I am crazy, I am crazy...

1 escalator with a 6 year old (up & down)...
1 boy running EVERYWHERE and riding a rocking horse made for a 1 year old (Umm- this would still be the 6 year old, you know- the one whose name rhymes with 'Made').
The boy that rhymes with 'Organ' was a complete angel who stuck by my side without a single mush, mush moment.

Home again...
Bob is awake...
Dinner? Let's call it 'snacker' instead since it is now 7:00pm.

3 hours later...
I guess we better get the boys down...
Jammied...teeth brushed...snoring boys...ahhhhhh.

Tomorrow- rain is in the forecast again- BUT it won't be another day like today! At least I can hope!

No comments: