Friday, March 27, 2009

Lists...

What is it about a list? Why do we like them so much? Whether it is to go to the Grocery Store or to write out your daily errands, we humans seem to be addicted to making lists! AND I AM NO DIFFERENT.

i.....love.....them....

Why is that? Well, could it be just to overwhelm us with the tasks at hand? or maybe for some it gives them purpose? Huhhhh? For me? Well, I am glad you asked. To me it is all about crossing off the list- the sense of accomplishment at...

buying rain boots?
buying a loaf of bread?
dropping off the dry cleanin?

No!!!! It a sense of accomplishment for providing for my family, my friend and myself. It has nothing to do about 'things', it has everything to do about 'the people'.

Buying the rain boots- Morgan is going to be smiling from ear to ear with happiness. And he will be able to SPLASH!

Buying a loaf of bread- Cade will get to forego those wonderful cafeteria lunches for a yummy sandwich which is made and cut just the way he likes it. That equals a happy Cade!

Dropping off the dry cleaning- ummm, this one doesn't make anyone happy, not sure why I added it.

Okay, I know I know you want to know what the purpose of my rambling is all about. Well, it's about 'My List'. 'My List of things to do before I turn (gasp) 40!' I am going to start a weekly blog dedicated to one item on my list each week. It should be fun, and maybe might just learn a little more about me and my crazy mind. Look for it every Saturday my crazy creepers...

So- go forth and start your own lists...

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Sounds like a fun idea! The loaf of bread would make me happy too! In all my teaching years (okay, 4) I've never eaten a school lunch, and there is a reason why! I'll check back to see what you've been up too!