Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crazy (insert word here) Day...

Cade's School is celebrating Read Across America all week so there are fun activities every day at school. They range from crazy hair day...to crazy sock day...to crazy hat day.

Monday was Crazy Sock Day- this would be my 'Not Me' moment. I really didn't send him to school in MY socks which are too big AND pink-ish in color. Sorry- I did not get proof with a picture. However, I did get proof tonight when he showed me that he wore them to school for Tuesday as well! Oh- the motherly shame...

Wendesday is Crazy Hair Day- What were we thinking when we got his hair cut on Saturday???? Now we can't do anything crazy with a 1/2" of hair, and I refuse to dye his hair. I know, I know- noone in their right mind would dye a six year olds tresses. WRONG! Parents can be CRAZY now a days and some of them will do anything to get noticed- even if they have to channel it THROUGH their Child. Sorry- But that is my opinion and it will not change. I had the pleasure of ease dropping on overhearing two mothers talking about their little girls hair, and how long it took the colorist to add the highlights. (HIGHLIGHTS? Come-on Mothers, the little girl could not have been more than 5! I promise she does not care...yet.) Now these were also the same mothers that sent the 'Group Email' in my Disbelief Post back in September, so anything is possible.

Friday is Crazy Hat Day- E-A-S-Y...We have enough hats to do this one. I am secretly hoping he picks the Dinosaur hat that Morgan loves so much.

Good Night!

1 comment:

Matt and Jolee said...

We had the same days at our school this week in celebration of Dr. Seuss. Fun! Love the socks...